Some of your frequently asked questions with regards to your system
Think Solar systems are light-weight but with very strong aluminium mounting frames, while distributing a total weight of just 10 to 12 kg per sq. meter.
All of our inverters come with wifi monitoring capabilities where you can keep a track of the system on a daily basis.
Required roof space varies from system to system. Our solar consultant would be the best person to guide you with regards to required space and direction of the roof facing the sun. Approximately for every kilowatt (kW) of a system requires about 7.4 sq. meters of roof space, so an average residential solar system needs between 10.5 and 34 sq. meters.
Your one point of contact for any queries will be Think Solar, ensuring quick response and best advise.
All the panels installed by Think Solar are backed by 25 years power output guarantee, ensuring that the panel will deliver a minimum of 90% output performance up to 10 years, and a minimum of 80% output performance up to 25 years.
It does not, here’s how it all works:
– New PV electricity system is installed in the customer’s home by our BCSE accredited install team.
– Installers leave a copy of the installation report in the switch board and contact an Energy Safe inspector to come and check the install. This is prescribed as installing a new PV system which is considered electrical install as it generates power.
– The Inspector signs of on the Certificate of Electrical Safety and sends to out to the installer, who inturn sends it out to us with the Electrical Works Request and distributor Specific Embedded Generator Form. We then send all the required documents to your Retailer informing them that a Solar system has been installed.
– Your Energy Retailer then arranges the install or reconfiguration of the Smart Meter with the respective distributor. i.e Citipower, Powercorr, Jemena, SP Ausnet.
– Prices vary from distributor to distributor and its best to contact them to understand the charges for meter reconfiguration, meter replacement or a Truck Appointment if required.
Most of Think Solar’s PV systems are expected to last anywhere between 25 to 40 years. Most manufacturers assure that in 25 years, the panel will be still be delivering a min of 80% electricity output efficiency. Most inverter manufacturers offer up to a 5 year warranty, however Think Solar’s manufacturers double it up to 10 years.Think Solar is one of the few providers that offers warranty on cabling & workmanship for a minimum period of 10 years, as we only use A-Grade high quality genuine products.
The target date of installation is between 3 to 5 weeks from the sign-up date.
Think Solar’s team handles all the paperwork and RECs making the buying experience easy and prompt for the customer.
Solar PV system designers accredited by Australian Clean Energy Council (CEC, formerly BCSE) design all our systems. Accreditation is for the design and installation, both grid connected and standalone systems.
Yes, our designer is accredited by Clean Energy Council and also a registered electrician.
Overseas studies show that a solar power system will increase the value of your home. The study done in the US also concludes that saving of $1 every year on energy cost adds $20 to a home’s value. At his stage, no similar studies have been initiated in Australia.
Selecting the right system for your house is very important as it depends on various factors such as electricity usage, type of feed-in tariff available in your state, available roof space, among others. Hence, a healthy discussion with our solar consultant is advised, as they guide you through all the stages of selecting the best suitable system for your house.
For any further queries, please fill out an enquiry form and we will try our best to resolve your concerns.