Does the price quoted include all necessary metering changes and paperwork for my local electricity supplier?December 13, 2017 |
It does not, here’s how it all works:
– New PV electricity system is installed in the customer’s home by our BCSE accredited install team.
– Installers leave a copy of the installation report in the switch board and contact an Energy Safe inspector to come and check the install. This is prescribed as installing a new PV system which is considered electrical install as it generates power.
– The inspector then faxes a copy to the customer’s energy retailer i.e. AGL, ORIGIN, RED ENERGY etc. and they’ll arrange installation of a new digital/smart meter if required.
– The Customers energy retailer then arranges the install of a new meter with respective energy wholesaler i.e. Citi Power, Jemena, Powercor, SP Ausnet.
– The energy wholesaler then contacts the customer and then arranges install of new meter, and the charge is generally between $120 -$170.